We enjoy teaching seminars to groups directly, but if you would like to offer a program for your organization, school, or in your community on an ongoing basis, then we can train your staff and act as consultants throughout the year.
Certification and training can be completed in a one-day, two-hour seminar.
- We train your staff in a participatory seminar at our facility (or travel to your facility).
- Your staff is certified as trainers for a two-year period and implements the program.
- Re-certification: once every two-years in a single day through at 2-hour seminar where you assist us in teaching your group. More information below.
Professional Development. Each staff member who successfully completes our training program will be certified to offer the program in affiliation with Secure Living Online. This certificate can be displayed at your facility or put into an employee’s permanent file or resume.
Contact us for program objectives and more information about the seminars and design process.
ABOUT STAFF TRAINING
Education is the fundamental process by which we prepare individuals to function as effective citizens in our society. Education doesn’t stop after graduation. Life-long learning and continued education are essential for any individual who wishes to excel in our culture. Everything our society has accomplished has been made possible through the continued education of its citizens. Therefore, Americans understand than an educational program—one with objectives, instructional methods, organization, and qualified instructors—is the means to uniformly present knowledge to other people.
Secure Living Online offers its knowledge by means of an educational program. It recognizes that uniform presentation of information for all participants is essential to achieve its goals, and its methods and objectives are based on educational principles.
- Education is a process for qualified, certified teachers It is an area of professionalism that understands its community, the state’s laws, and the methods that will reach participants in a learning atmosphere.
- You can meet the growing concerns regarding personal safety for men and women of all ages. You can provide a program which meets the need for awareness and personal safety in a constantly changing world.
- You can meet the growing needs of men and women of all ages regarding personal physical fitness, health, flexibility, and balance. This is accomplished through an organized exercise program utilizing athletic resistance bands.
- You can meet the needs of individuals’ desire to stimulate their brains and stay mentally active and involved in life. This is made possible through regular participation in an organized program which engage the mind in learning new knowledge and skills.
- You can meet the needs of men and women of all ages through qualified and certified staff within your own agency. Secure Living Online will certify your staff. Secure Living Online is internationally recognized for educational instruction in health, awareness, and personal safety.
Ultimately, you can offer this program within your own facility or community, and taught by your own staff. Whether you are a hospital, community center, retirement home, corporate office, YMCA/YWCA, veteran’s organization, Wal-Mart, Target, or other agency concerned about its staff, employees or patrons, you can now make all of these benefits available.
Do you want to offer a 4-week, 6-week, or 8-week course? Maybe you prefer a standalone seminar or summer program. Whatever your needs, we can train your staff to offer women's personal safety classes on an ongoing basis. We will train your staff on how to teach the complex safety topics of dealing with home intrusion, personal assault, stalking, and more. This includes the physical skills of how to escape assaults from common grabs, and how your staff can present these skills to women of all ages. You can use our curriculum or have us help you design your own program. We remain as program consultants for those times when you need us most.
Teaching children the basics of stranger awareness is not enough! Do they know what to do if grabbed or picked up off of the ground? These skills must be learned. Your school or organization can be a leader in your community for child safety. We have helped schools write safety curriculum for their physical education classes. We train educators, administrators, and community leaders how to teach this critical and sensitive topic. We will teach your staff how to present the complex topics of stranger awareness, refusal skills, seeking help, bullying, and more at a developmentally appropriate level. We are certified, professional educators in the State of New York, and we know the joys and challenges of teaching children of all ages. We will teach your staff how to present the physical skills of escaping an attempted abduction. Take the initiative and be proactive. Contact us to learn more.
Criminals choose their targets. Unfortunately, individuals with disabilities are perceived as an “easier” target and are at higher risk for assaults. We teach people of all capabilities. Now, let us train your staff in how to help the people they care about. We offer programs for the Blind and Visually Impaired, for people with mobility challenges (such as use of wheelchair, walker, cane, or other assistive device), people living with Multiple Sclerosis and Muscular Dystrophy, people with loss of hearing, and much more. These people want to know how to protect themselves, and doing so will empower them, improving how they feel in their daily life. We can teach your staff how to present the skills of personal safety unique to your group. References and testimonials from other agencies we have helped are available.
As teenagers gain independence, they also face increased risks in their daily lives. They also deal with bullying and other dangers. We can teach your staff how to present personal safety skills to teenagers of all ages. All of our techniques are non-aggressive escape techniques. This means they may only work for self-protection and cannot be used for bullying or fighting. We do not teach violence! We teach responsibility, accountability, awareness, health, and personal safety. Our programs have been taught in public and private schools as part of physical education curriculum. We are permanently certified educators in the State of New York. Learn how your school or organization can teach these necessary skills to teenagers.
Seniors are one of the primary targets for criminals. The predators of our society view them as "easy targets." We can teach your staff how to offer health, awareness, and safety programs on an ongoing basis for the seniors in your community. We will teach your staff exercises for health and strength that help to reduce the risk of falls and improve quality of life. These exercises double as personal safety techniques. Learn how to use a walking cane to escape from an attacker. We will teach your staff how to make these skills available to your seniors in a fun and engaging program.
We offer programs for many public and private agencies including consulting, guest speaking, training, and professional development. Learn how we can train your staff in a variety of personal safety topics and how they can offer these skills as a service to your organization or community. We can offer seminars for professional development, team building, and curriculum development, all on the important topic of personal safety.